Wednesday, October 05, 2011

another boring jogger


View 20 minutes in a larger map


I just jogged for twenty minutes. Three kilometres. A few weeks ago I was jogging for one minute intervals. 20 minutes, non stop. I can't believe it. Wouldn't call it running now, it's definitely jogging that I do.

I am so surprised and proud of myself. I have never been sporty or athletic in any stage of my life, and I'm still not. I have always avoided sports, because I was so self-conscious and felt incapable and stupid.

And on another weirder level, I think I was afraid how it would put me in a vulnerable position. If I'm wheezing, out of breath, sweaty and red faced, how will I defend myself and look like I couldn't give a shit and think fast if I'm being laughed at?

Can you tell I'm in therapy now? It's the bee's knees.

1 comment:

popps said...

If I'm wheezing, out of breath, sweaty and red faced, how will I defend myself and look like I couldn't give a shit and think fast if I'm being laughed at?

Be wheezing, out of breath, sweaty and red faced, look like you couldn't give a shit?

Should work!