Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Carried A Watermelon.

I was away in London last weekend and got to see and hear (and briefly meet!) His Lord Highness The Brilliant David Sedaris.



Of course, having booked this months ago and flown over especially, we managed to be late having Irishly assumed it wouldn't start on time.

I'm sure it's an ancient joke but the way he told this one (as part of a story) it was highlarrrious:

What do you call nuts on a wall?
Walnuts


What do you call nuts on your chest?
Chestnuts


What do you call nuts on your chin?
A dick in your mouth


After his reading, we made our way down to a book shop and I did something I have never done before, something totally fan-ny: I queued for a whole hour to get my book signed. I had several questions in mind for him including whether he has or would come to Ireland, and how could I marry his sister Amy.

However, I was completely thrown when the first thing he said to me was if I had heard that bears apparently plug their butts with mud before they hibernate to stop ants from setting up camp there. I ended up telling him that I intended on visiting some charity shops in London the next day and complaining about how slowly my boyfriend walks. How did I manage that?

Anyway, he was lovely and charming and very friendly. And I got a personalized message:

I can't spell skate board without you.

No comments: