Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feeling the Pinch

One of my best friends is getting married in Spain at the end of August. They've thought long and hard about it and decided they really wanted to do it somewhere warm and sunny (and cheaper than Ireland). And that's cool, I know they haven't come to that decision lightly, asking people to buy flights and rent cars and book rooms and all.

But I've just been told the hen night is actually a whole weekend, in a busy tourist spot called Dingle on the busiest, most expensive weekend of the summer.

I'm estimating - between the travel, accomodation, food and drink, an outfit and their present - this wedding is going to cost me about €50o. All of my friends are totally gung ho about this. I don't have a job. I'm kind getting a little pissed and begrudging.

Am I being a crappy, stingy shit shit friend? It doesn't really matter 'cos I'll do it all anyway.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

popps said...

No you're not.

Wowsers said...

Thannks. Feeling better about this after I spoke to another friend who is in agreement...yay!

BSH ADMIN said...

Just go to the wedding and beg off the bachelorette party! Say you're trying to get sober. Ha ha ha alcoholism is HILARIOUS.