Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Stepped Thigh Deep In Snow



I went on a five-hour hike on Saturday up to the top of Lugnaquilla, the highest point in Leinster.

I was intimidated by the other super fit people heading up there with us. These people have flasks and proper boots and socks and waterproof gear and walking stick-yokes. There were two moments when I seriously considered just staying put and telling them I'd wait for them there. But I did it and it was great! Tough at times but not really that bad. And worth it for the gorgeous view. What a wonderful use of a Saturday: I spent the day doing something great and healthy, had a big bath when I got home. And then I drank glass of West Coast Cooler and fell asleep on the sofa.

However. I went to wikipedia to find out more about my achievement and the pic does NOT do it justice:



I mean, WHAT? It looks telly-tubby-land!



No comments: