Thursday, December 03, 2009

Stating the Obvious

I'm not really into their music but The Smith's lyrics are some of the most hilarious ever.

"I was looking for a job, and then I found a job/And heaven knows I'm miserable now"

"Oh ... sweetness, sweetness, I was only joking /When I said by rights you should be
/Bludgeoned in your bed"

"Now I know how Joan of Arc feltc/As the flames rose to her roman nose /And her Walkman started to melt"

And the one that always makes me laugh out-loud with it's hysterical adolescent self-pity is "Please, Please, Please let me get what I want, Lord Knows it would be the first time"

2 comments:

BSH ADMIN said...

My favorite:

"you go on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry and you want to die"

Wowsers said...

Hilariously profound