Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Highly Confidential

Yesterday, my sister sent me a text: "I have a business idea I'd like to discuss with you"

She thinks we should set up an Irish version of The Onion after reading it for the first time the day before yesterday. She is adamant that it's a fantastic idea and it would be "really funny" and "could make us a lot of money".

That's about as far as her idea goes. I called over for dinner (teryaki tuna) and she took slight umbrage with me smirking at her. She would like me to set up the website (because, like, I can so do that) and then get her friends to write articles.

She has sworn me to secrecy in case someone "steals our idea" and actually asked whether The Onion could sue us. I told her I didn't think we'd need to worry about that.

3 comments:

popps said...

The Onion is a great paper, it is also given out FREE in the states.
Ask your sister how she thinks it will make money?
By the way, you have a great blog.

BSH ADMIN said...

Did I ever tell you about the time my dad wanted me to invest in his newest business venture? A seafood restaurant called... CLAMALOT.

K said...

That's brilliant! Of course, it would only have round tables and customers would have to wear long bib-like tunics...