Friday, June 26, 2009


Okay. So when I was twelve I had a minor spiritual epiphany, the way you do when you're twelve and approaching your confirmation.

I'm not religious in the slightest. However, I used to spend a lot of time thinking about God and worrying that I was some kind of zealot or second coming because I thought about it so much, or at all.

This poster really speaks to me. I can't even remember how I came across it; probably via one of my usual rabbit-hole meanderings on the web.

The words "God is a Verb" is the opinion I formed during my hyperhormonal pre-teen epiphany. I couldn't really find the right description. Verb is the perfect word.

And then through those words and that artist and that poster I came to learn about R. Buckmister Fuller. He was amazing: He wore three watches. He wanted people to live on clouds. He invented the geodesic dome. Which is pretty cool: I loved the Epcot Centre! And everyone knows that spherical buildings are the best and most practical...



Fuller "is considered by some to be one of the 20th century's most noteworthy, controversial and creative thinkers, since his death in 1983".

So there. I'm in good company.

No comments: