Thursday, March 05, 2009

Endurance Test

Every single night I go to bed too late and will say "We're going to bed too late, it's ridiculous. Tomorrow night I'm going to sleep an hour earlier.
And I LOVE bed so MUCH I don't know why I get in it earlier!".

And then I do the same thing night after night.
I think there's a very large part of me that's 10 years old and is thrilled that I don't have to go to bed: "I can stay up as long as I like! I'm a grown up! Nobody can make me!".
And then I feel so old when I wake up.

I have to get better at being a grown up.

But I don't have to so I probably won't.

Tonight I got into bed, thinking I'd spend a half hour on the netz and then go fast asleep. And then I spent an hour and a half cruising friggin Facebook looking at photos of some girl I went to school with who wasn't even in my class who I wasn't even friends with - WWWhhhhhyyyyyyyy?

No comments: